July 30, 2006

1/6 Ghillie Suit


Its been a while since Ive posted anything worthwile here. Im in the process of making a Ghillie suit. Ive searched the Internet low and high looking for the best resources on Ghillie suit making and came up with a few.


Well I have to say the last few days of this project have been filled with a lot of ups and downs. I wasnt very happy with the way the original Ghillie suit was comming along for several reasons.


The first problem I had was the mesh I was using way too messy to work with, the second problem was that the Dragon BDU I was using fit only Dragon bodies and third I just didnt like the wasy it looked in general.

I scrapped the Dragon BDU and replaced it with a Hasbro BDU what a difference plus Im not going to mess up a good BDU with this experiment. I got some new mesh, sythectic this time instead of cotton. Ive decided to wait for my Embroidery Floss to show before I put the netting on (hopefully on Mon).

I really really really wanted to put canvas on the front of the BDU, so I got some canvas. As you can see canvas frays, so I need a fray stopper type of liquid to put on the ends.

I hope the pics show some kind of progress no matter how little it may be. I think Im going to stick with this version of the suit since is comming along the way I want it to.

All in all Im very happy the way that this version of my Ghillie suit looks so far. Below is my dirty list of thing that need to be done.

Attach netting

Attach Floss

Paint Canvas areas

Finish Boonie Hat































1 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I was wondering where you got your mesh and how you attached it to the BDU. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home