August 13, 2006

Toy Soldier PCU

Well I got my TS Protective Combat Uniform set in the mail the other day. I had some issues with the color being a purple-ish grey so I set out to remedy the problem. I got a pack of and a pack of Pearl Gray and RIT Color Remover as well.

I tossed the suit in a pot of 3 tablespoon of desolved RIT Color remover for about 5 mins and it removed the color. The suit looked beige almost white when I removed it from the solution. I didnt plan to remove the the color just lighten it.

I wasnt un-happy with my results, next I rinsed the PCU set according to the instructions on the Color remover package then cleaned out the pot. Once the pot was cleaned I added the PCU set to the simmering pot of 6 tablespoons of RIT Pearl Grey dye. I didnt want to dye it too dark so I kept a constant eye on it stirring it every so often for about 15 mins or so.

Below is the end reslut of my dye job, I must say the suit came out pretty good considering it was my first time doing something like this. I think its a 100% improvement on the way it originally looked. I get a constant gray color with out needing to adjust my light source.

On the subject of light soucre, It may have been the light that played tricks with my eyes. I did an informal study, 4 out of 5 people that I asked said the color of this suit said there was a purple or mauve tint to it. After the dye job they said it was Grey so like I said Im happy with the results. I will post pre-dye pics taken at the same location shortly.

After RIT Pearl Grey Dye Pics









Post RIT Color Remover Pics



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home